Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Oldies but goodies

I thought I would just upload a bunch of my older work into one post. I've been really lazy about getting it up here. But I've been sitting on my butt all day sick with a head cold, so what better time to upload some oldies but goodies?
This is one of probably 3 of my wedding pictures that I have scrapped. So I'm at a pretty good pace. I've been married 3 years so thats like 1 wedding layout a year. So I'll have a whole wedding scrapbook just in time for our 20th anniversary :) I really love the color palate on this one. I don't know why. I used a lot of copper stickles to try to bring out the orange. This layout sparkles so much more in person. When I made this layout I had just discovered how much fun it is to splatter ink, paint, glimmer mist, and other mediums using a toothbrush and craft stick. I believe pretty much all layouts from that period in time have some sort of splatter on them. I love the effect. (Although I think I have much better balance with using said splatter effect now.)

Ignore the crooked pearls! This is the second of the 3 wedding layouts I've done so far haha. I went a little crazy with the embellies on this but a lot of the time those end up being the layouts I love the most. I painted antique linen distress stickles on the die cuts and on the roses on the background pp. Really nice effect. I recommend painting antique linen stickles on pretty much everything forever :) Also did some distressing (obviously) and inking with antique linen. I use that ink pad the most, it's starting to go dry :(

This is really simple. Sheet of bazzil, some cosmo cricket, meadow green and gold glimmer mist, some prima packaging (don't you love how you can buy the packaging seperate now?), and some stamping with archival ink. And thickers. And stickles. Ok this is starting to sound more and more complicated the more I babble on. But its really not.

This layout! I don't know what I was trying to do, and I don't know what I had in mind while I was making it. But there it is. Some days I look at it and I cringe, other days I look at it and love it. So who knows. I truly cannot remember how I got that background effect. This is so much more shimmery in person. I believe this was the result of one of my mad scientist spells. So if you want to try to duplicate the background, your guess is as good as mine.
Thank you for looking! :)

4 comments:

  1. I can't get over how awesome these all are. I really should send you one of our wedding photos to create magic with. You have to teach me this scrapbooking business. I tried but I don't think I have the right tools or the know-how.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh definitely! We should get together! I love teaching people to scrap. It'll be nice once my scraproom is done because it actually is on a corner so theres two work spaces

    ReplyDelete